If you still own a brick and Mortar grocery store, you should rethink extending your grocery business. Besides just having an old-fashioned grocery store, you should also consider the downfall of the global pandemic. As we all are aware of the COVID-19 situation, people avoid going to the grocery store to maintain social distancing.
Since the outbreak of Coronavirus, many grocery stores and supermarkets are shutting down. The reason being, people fear going out and hence have shifted to online grocery shopping. According to research, almost 80% of people are dependent on an online platform for their grocery shopping.
And why won’t they? It is hardly safe to even step out of the house, and hence online shopping has become the new normal.
So, it is obvious why grocery stores and supermarket owners are worried about revenue generation. Are you one of them? Are you concerned about how to scale your business?
Are you looking for opportunities to generate revenue for your business? There is only one answer to all these questions: App development for the grocery store.
In this article, we will describe the aspects of developing a grocery delivery app solution. If you are wondering how to develop an app for your grocery business, let’s get on board. We have created this article to give you a walkthrough of the development process for your grocery delivery application development from start to finish.
The first step towards building a successful on-demand grocery delivery app development is selecting grocery delivery models. If you are wondering what grocery delivery models are, then let me break it down to you.
Types of grocery delivery models
- Aggregator model
Aggregator models are the most popular and most demanding models for developing a grocery shopping app. These types of models combine various grocery stores and supermarkets around your area.
You can select one and place an order according to your preferences or needs. After placing an order, the app will take you through the payment process. Lastly, you can expect your order at your doorstep.
- Single store
In the Single store mobile app, only a single store owner builds the application. The store owner can deal with his regular customers.
- Market place
Marketplace app is a platform that allows your users to shop groceries from many different resources. You don’t have to own any market or store; your business represents people’s inventory.
However, if you build a marketplace app, then it is crucial to know if you can fulfill your customers’ demand in time.
- Grocery list app
The grocery shopping list app allows your users to build grocery lists and share them with friends and family. This list makes their shopping a lot more convenient than regular apps. The app can also remind them about the shopping list every month.
Feature list for the grocery delivery app.
(Basic features to advance features)
The next step towards your grocery mobile app development is to find out what features you want to integrate into your app.
Let’s discuss the features in detail.
User panel features
- Registration process: The most crucial feature for an on-demand application is the Registration process where users will register themselves via email id or phone number. (Users can also use their social accounts to log in, for example, Facebook, Google, etc. )
- Profile: After logging in, users will create their profile in the application by adding personal details such as User name, address, age, phone number, etc.
- Search products: Users can search for the products they need from the well-categorized grocery list.
- Filters: Customers can filter products as per their convenience, for example, if they need only dairy products, all they need to do is select Dairy in the filter option.
- Schedule delivery: Customers can also schedule delivery timings as per their convenience.
- Rating/Review: The most significant feature in your grocery delivery app is Rating and review. Customers can write about their experience, or they can write review products they buy from your app.
- Payment method: You can integrate a safe and secure online payment system into your app.
- Push notifications: Push notification in your grocery app works as a “Magic” and can do wonders in driving more users to your application. You can add a touch of customized notifications also.
- Customer support: You can provide genuine and 24*7 customer support by integrating different communication channels. You can choose chatbot, in-app messaging, online chat, etc. Doing so, you will build trust in your users.
Admin panel features
- Manage orders: Admin can manage all the orders from both the sides, user, and store.
- Manage payments: Admin can configure all the payments, cheques, and transactions that happen via the app.
- Manage offers and discounts: Admin will generate and manage offers, discounts, and promotional codes.
- Product management: Admin can keep track of what products are delivering and what products are received.
- Stores Management: Admin can add or remove stores from collaboration.
- Push notifications: Admin has the power to handle the push notification system entirely.
- Customer data management: According to the customer data in the registration process, admin can generate customized reports and notification.
- Handling Rating systems: After reading review and rating on the app, the admin can make changes accordingly.
Delivery panel features
- Stress-free registration: Stress-free registration is just as crucial in the Delivery panel too, you can integrate social media registration in the panel.
- Create a profile: The delivery men can create their profiles in the app by providing their personal details like Name, phone number, address, etc.
- Accept or decline any order: The delivery person can accept or reject order as per their convenience.
- Google maps to find the address: You can integrate google maps in the delivery panel so that the delivery person can easily track down the addresses.
Advance Features at a glance
- In-app communication channel for customer support
- Real-time status for orders
- Social media integration
- Voice search
- GPS navigation
- Monthly grocery shopping reminder
Grocery Delivery App Development Cost In Kuwait
The cost of developing a grocery delivery app depends on various aspects. For example, the model you select, Number of screens, Feature list, complexity (Basic to complex), Backend infrastructure, platforms you choose, and last but not least, grocery delivery app development company you want.
Hence it is quite tricky to calculate the exact cost of your on-demand grocery delivery app. But if you ask for rough estimation, then it can cost you around $15,000 to $30,000 depending on your grocery delivery app builder and your preferences.
We hope this article helped you define the essential aspects of developing a grocery delivery app. If you want to stand ahead in the cut-throat competition, then choosing an experienced Mobile app development company would be helpful.
However, if you want to hire dedicated developers from Kuwait, consider our company to know more about the same.
Don’t believe us; click on the Portfolio.