What will engage users most on your mobile app, automated location detection, or manual location entry? Of course, the automated location detection which will fetch an accurate location detail of a user and display relevant options. Exerting smartphones’ features has become inevitable for amplifying the app’s user experience and interfaces. Besides, location plays an imperative role in every online service from online delivery to connect people or track locations for traveling.
Geolocation-based mobile app development has made it easy to integrate the technology in any mobile app you wish to build. Therefore, you can see and leverage geolocation-based services in almost every app kind, namely, Facebook, Uber, Zomato, Tinder, Expedia, MyFitnessPal, etc.
Now, we shall move towards addressing the question of why you should Create a Location-Based Application.
Why Make a Location-Based App?
- A geolocation-based app helps you to achieve an expected ROI; Given that, you can offer a personalized experience to your users according to their location like discounts and deals. It attracts users and contributes to increasing the company’s sales number.
- It aids in brand promotions through the right promotion techniques as per different locations. Hence, a geolocation-based mobile app helps in sustaining business visibility and popularity in the market.
- It allows you to target and focus on the demand of existing customers as well as allure prospective customers with targeting close locations.
- Geolocation-based mobile services are immensely helpful in data location as it provides the right demographics as per users’ location. You can analyze and use such demographics to enhance your business services for your target audience.
- A geolocation-based app assists you in forming tailor-made real-time solutions for retaining existing customers.
Top-notch Geolocation technologies for your mobile app development
Geolocation technologies are a versatile innovation that easily fits in any kind of mobile app or online services and offers ample benefits to reap. Let’s find out what are some of the geolocation technologies to integrate into your app.
For better understanding, we have bifurcated geolocation-based technologies into two segments: Outdoor and Indoor.
Technologies for outdoor
- GPS: It is the most used geolocation technology in mobile apps as all smartphones come with an in-built GPS module. Global Positioning System provides highly precise location details to locate a device outdoors. It receives the signals directly from the satellite and works nearly everywhere without requiring an internet connection.
- Cell ID: Another way to determine the mobile device’s location without the internet is by the nearest cell tower to the smartphone. It is highly recommended for urban cities where n-number of cell towers are available because it relies on how close the base-transceiver station is.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi positioning is used for determining the accurate location of a user using an internet connection. The technology lets you cover smaller areas with the help of RSSI (Receive a Signal Strength Indication), Google maps, and Google places.
Technologies for indoor
- Geofencing: The technology is specially designed for a location-based marketing technique determined by latitude, longitude, and radius. It creates a virtual fence and triggers a behavior when a user enters, exits, or stays inside the geofence boundaries.
- iBeacon and Eddystone: Both the technologies use Bluetooth Low Energy-BLE to trigger a notification when a user enters within a certain distance from a beacon. Eddystone is Google’s innovation, and iBeacon is of Apple. The purpose of both is to make location-based searching and interaction easier for users with more accuracy.
How to Create a Location-Based Application?
Market research is a fundamental need to sprout out any idea. It majorly focuses on studying market trends and target audience pain points. Who is your audience? What are their problems and how your app will solve them? These questions must be answered while you research the market.
Another notable subject to research on is your competitors. List out your competitor apps and analyze their success points, weaknesses, and strengths deeply. It will help you avoid mistakes they have made and improve the features and functionality of your app.
Hire a Location-based Mobile App Development Company
To bring life into your well-researched idea of location-based mobile app development, find a reliable technology partner. There are plenty of app development companies worldwide to outsource your project at the best price. Nevertheless, to find the right one for your project, always check the developers’ portfolio.
Do they have experience in developing location-based apps? What technology-stack do they use? Which domains do they have expertise in? UI/UX Design also matters a lot in such apps, and hence, you have to ask if your tech-partners provide UI/UX Design services for the same.
We are a Mobile App Development Company in Kuwait and offer a credible Location-Based App Development Services. We cater to our clients with the industry’s best services, from ideation to testing and deploying the project. Have a consultation with our expert for your app idea at your convenient time.
Comply with safety benchmarks
When it comes to detecting users’ location to provide personalized experiences, privacy, and data security is the foremost priority of the app. Regulations and standards of data security, such as multi-factor authentication, encrypted communications, and an SSL certificate, must be kept in mind. Also, cross-check the local regulations of the country where you are launching your app.
Make sure your Location-Based App Development Company comprehends Network Security Configuration for Android or App Transport Security for iOS security concerns. They must know how to encrypt sensitive data on user devices using algorithms like RSA or AES-256.
Let’s make it together!
Location-based mobile apps with liable data security are transforming brand interaction with their audiences online or offline. It is a smart way to stay closer to your loyal customers and influence prospective customers. You can offer many services apart from navigating and real-time tracking, blending Google Maps, and other geolocation technologies.
Travel, Fitness, Delivery, Shopping, etc., domains are already reaping the benefits of geolocation technologies and gaining more number of potential customers. If you want to intensify your customer base from the start, create a geolocation-based mobile app with us.